Sunday, May 4, 2008

National Scrapbooking Day!

I spent some time over at www.scrapfriends.us for the celebration of National Scrapbooking Day. What fun. Bolstered by inspirational challenges, I created these layouts.

Easter Love was a doodling challenge. I sketched Easter in pencil and then had my way with the Copic Markers. Added a little extra something with Fancy Pants felt word and the title was born.

Got scallops? These were easy. Draw a line under the photo. Using small dots or hash-marks (in pencil) mark the line in half, and then each half in thirds. Then create the curves by drawing from mark to mark...Voila, Scallops! Our natural ability to make them all slightly different simply adds to the charm.

Add photos and meaningful journaling...so 20 years from now, your kids will have a frame of reference that will trigger those wonderful growing-up-years emotions.




Next, I created a page that featured many of the products that ScrapFriends has reviewed over the years. I was fortunate enough to be a part of a number of those reviews so I had a lot of product to work with. See if you recognize these manufacturers:

Copic Markers
Loersch
Powder Keg
Prism Papers
Ranger
Sharpie
Spellbinders
Starving Artistamps
Tonic Studios



Since the page was about my daughter's mini musical "Seussical Jr." I had fun allowing the elements to "leak" off the page.

Well, hope you had a good NSD and like Christmas: let us keep in in our hearts all the year...Eli

1 comment:

[and so on} said...

I think I recognize that WHO!!!! Great page of Hannah!!! Miss you!
Love - Linda - aka Mommaho